We are a multi-disciplinary team peopled by experts from all kinds of backgrounds. Sonnet brings together people who’ve worked in financial and economic advisory, social research, corporate finance, enterprise, and strategic management and development. We believe our strength is in our diversity: blending perspectives and strengths to work on the issues that matter most to us and our clients; thriving on challenge ; and responding to multiple viewpoints.
We work with a core team, working with specialists from Sheffield Hallam University, and its Centre for Regional Economic and Social Research, amongst a wide group of partners and regular Associates when specialist input is required.
- We are passionate about making society better, reducing inequalities, and at the same time taking good care of the planet and its resources.
- We believe that professional consultancy, research and advisory services should be accessible to all charities, social enterprises and commercial organisations that care about their impact – and we are proud to offer those services.
- We bring brave thinking, innovation and creativity to work every day – it’s who we are.
- We listen to and respect the opinions of others – it’s how we learn.
- We believe in the value of collaboration – creating better solutions by combining the best research evidence with our own skills and knowledge and those of our clients and partners.
- Our advice is always pragmatic and achievable – helping you to move forward with confidence.
- We will never promote services or products to you unless we believe they are valuable and useful in achieving your goals.
- As a Community Interest Company, we are committed to giving back to the communities and sectors we serve.
Our Social Programmes Fund:
Sonnet Advisory and Impact is structured as a Community Interest Company (CIC) – a business with primary social objectives whose surpluses are principally reinvested for that purpose in the business or in the community, rather than being driven by the need to maximise profit for shareholders and owners.
We are proud to have committed to transferring 65% of our profits into a fund available to support social research programmes and other activities designed to address issues within the sectors we work in. We believe that this is the right thing to do, and that our clients appreciate knowing that their work with us helps to address wider societal needs.